Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bats and Horses... upcoming events!

So college basketball season is over, and Roommate is in mourning.  That UCONN-Butler game was awful, but the women's Texas A&M vs. Notre Dame game more than made up for it.


One door closes, and another door opens... the Louisville Bats baseball season starts this Thursday, April 7 with a series against Toledo.  I couldn't be more excited.  The weather has promised to be nice, and it's still my spring break.  Someone who doesn't know me very well (yet) asked me if I planned to be at opening day for the Bats... and he was genuinely taken aback by my response.  I didn't mean to rock the "are you crazy??" face.  But I guess I did.  I will be there with proverbial bells on, folks.  And I have no doubt, win or lose, it will be a highlight of my spring vacation.


In other sporting news...


Churchill has announced that its first day of Spring Meet will be under the lights.  April 30 at 6pm with an 11-card race.  Personally, I have somehow missed ALL of Churchill's under the lights programs, so I am super excited for this.  General admission for Downs After Dark is $10. The Downs have planned more After Dark events have been planned for June 17 & 24 and July 1.


In addition to the After Dark nights, Churchill has also released their programme for Friday night concerts in the paddock.  According to their website the line up looks like this:



• May 13: The Villebillies (eclectic rap, rock and other genres);
• May 20: Keller Williams (combines elements of bluegrass, folk, alternative rock and other genres);
• May 27: Dawn Landes and the Hounds (country/folk and indie-rock);
• June 3: Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons (indie-rock);
• June 10: Wax Fang (experimental psychedelic rock).
General admission for these race dates will be $3 until 7 p.m. but will increase to $10 after that time. Admission will be free on May 13.


Read more: Churchill Downs starting spring meet under lights, launching concert series | Business First 


1 comment:

Tara said...

That is a really fantastic concert lineup! They're all great, but if I could go to only one, I'd pick Cory Chisel. In fact, I think I'll call the babysitter right now... :)